Thursday, February 19, 2004

So now it's Thursday and we're taking our lunch break from our training session. This is the funniest group of people to be trained with. Not a question asked, not a comment made. And, as usual, the director gets none of it, learns nothing, disconnects from the system, can't figure it out. Even the clerks act like librarians. Before they're library employees they're civil servants, most of them, although some of that's changed and these people do have a committment to library service these days. In my department I've got the one who challenges everything: the one who asks the trainer the questions that have been answered by me and by the system administrator on staff--she just didn't get the answer she wanted from us, so she's going one step further, hoping for a better answer. And me, I've already played with the system so it's not too exciting for me. We're coming from a last-generation, text-based, more primitive automated system that can still do some things that the new system can't do. Such is life. I can't believe it's Thursday and I only have to work one more day. What happened to this week? I was supposed to make an appointment with the bank this week to talk about refinancing so I can pay my income tax and some other bills. But since I haven't been able to pay my Feb. mortgage I'm too embarrassed to do that, won't do it until next week. What a wuss. How did I get to be 50 and have the same poor financial habits I had when I was 30, just multiplied exponentially? Did I learn nothing in the last 20 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment