Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Mountain


upland 004
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Here we go again--time to start taking pictures of Silver Lake Mountain.

I walked to camp Tuesday after work. Checked on all the buildings (no small task--6 cabins, main camp and my cousin's camp next door). All is well, no trees down, all buildings still standing.

Fred had said the ice might go out that day, but there was a little left.

I just missed the opportunity for a mirror shot of the mountain--the lake was like glass, but the dogs were thrilled to swim and ran ahead. After their swim their fur was really soft and shiny, free of winter's blech and smell. When they got out of the water they ran around really fast and Tess rolled in the duff. I've heard that dogs will roll on the ground when they're wet to make their coats cleaner. But then, I've heard a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment