Monday, August 26, 2013

Busy time

Was there a weekend in there sometime?  I think I might have missed it. 

Traveled (a lot) and socialized (a lot) over the weekend.  Went to the wedding of my cousin's daughter (wore a dress)(and nice shoes).  Dropped the dogs off at the kennel at 7:30 Sat. morning, then hit the road for the 5-hour trip to motel in southern NH.  I was worried about a)getting there on time and b)finding the church (since I forgot to Googlemap the actual site of the wedding).  All went well.  The trip was long but uneventful.  A lot of traffic.  No, really, a LOT of traffic.  But I made it, and got to the church.  Of course, the car ahead of me was that of my cousins/former in-laws, but that was nice because then I got to sit with them in the church.  I dearly love my cousin/former sister-in-law, and we always have very nice visits.  This time we had a GREAT visit.  Lots of laughing and sharing.

The wedding was formal, nice.  The reception was exceptionally nice.  It was at Philips-Exeter Acad., where the bride teaches.  Wow what great food and what a lot of wine!  First there was a pre-dinner reception and I got to visit with relatives I truly enjoy.  Dinner was good.  I sat with other cousins and their children (these children, now in their 30's have had very complicated lives and lived with my mother for a time when they were young).  Food was good, evening was a bit long.  I was one of the first to leave--which seems to be what I usually am these days.  Back to the motel, found my way there amazingly well.  I like staying in motels alone.  Anyway, I was up at 6 yesterday so left at 6:30 and had a good drive home.  Not much traffic but a long trip.  I made it home in time to spend an hour on the dock on one of the most beautiful days of the season.  Another cousin's son is in camp (yegods I have a lot of relatives).

Sunday dinner was Michigan Madness yesterday at J&M's.  Yum!  Food was grand, company was special.  It was a very, very nice time.  Wow what a great blueberry pie.

Home to NAP. 

Friday night I went to a lovely gathering hosted by a former camper and her wife.  Potluck, with lots of good food and fine company.  I visited with the Holt's, had had dinner with them earlier in the week.  They came to my house while I was away on Sat. and cut down a bunch of trees that were encroaching on my house.  I love my friends, I truly do.  They are wonderful.  The forest is reclaiming the land around the house and I'm helpless to do anything about it.  I waited too long to cut the trees, and they got too big for me & my handy sawz-all and handsaws.  What a mess.  Anyway it looks grand now and I'm very pleased.

Picked the dogs up last night at 6--Treasure apparently really likes the kennel because she didn't want to come home.  They ran and ran when they got home, as always.  Tess is having her ragweed allergy attack now and is miserable.  Tonight I stop at the vet's and pick up cortisone pills for her.  Poor thing--goopy eyes and itchy skin.  Oh, how very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment