Tuesday, August 23, 2005

At work, listening to Internet radio. Always a risky proposition. Today I read Molly's email letter, which made me feel in touch with her, made me miss her, made me feel sad. So what I hear on the radio is like a trip through my past, which I shared with a number of people. First I hear Crosby, Stills and Nash. Well, that's Howard, a special time in my life. Early college, insecurity but incredible happiness and being cherished so much by someone really wonderful. Then we have some Donovan. My sister, late high school. NOT a good time for either of us, particularly, but his voice somehow makes me feel ok right now, just makes me miss my sister. Sort of a sad sound today. Then there is a lot of the Beatles, first Sgt Pepper. That makes me feel wonderful at the sound, the harmony, the music, but it makes me miss my brother terribly. He introduced me to that music, he loved the album and thought it was a great revolution in music. "You've GOT to listen to this," he said as we sat in his room at Winthrop Lane. So that music sometimes makes me very happy because it's truly wonderful and a marvel, but it's pure Henry to me. Then we have "Here Comes the Sun" Beatles, which is what I always wanted to, and did have played at my wedding. I love that song, it means nothing but good cheer and hope for the present to me.

And now I return to cataloging crappy CD's for Schroon Lake, with Led Zepplin wailing away. That's just college dorm music.

No comments:

Post a Comment