Thursday, August 25, 2005

What my life is like
Right now it's very dull. The most striking things I've dealt with this week are:
I was late for work because I didn't think I had to go to work on Monday so I went back to sleep
I got the wrong size coffee this morning at the store because my eyes deceived me and I picked up the wrong cup
I spent an hour yesterday trying to establish an authority record in the data base for a new series, but needed to delete the record for an old series that had the same subtitle, but couldn't delete that record because the records with the new series had the title of the new series attached, etc. Catch-22 with Horizon.
I almost forgot that I have an appointment to have my hair cut today and am supposed to go berrying with a friend instead: SCHEDULING CONFLICT, OH NO!
My dog's ragweed allergy is acting up and I took her to the vet for prednisone. I saved $22 because I diagnosed it correctly myself so all I had to spend was the $6 for the pills and she didn't need to see the vet (although he came out into the waiting room full of people to see where the hair was missing from her scratching)
I had to spend MORE than $22 to replace the purse she subsequently chewed the straps off of the next day.
I have been cataloging videos, old rotten videos for one of our libraries ALL WEEK long and it is very boring. very boring. The days are dragging on and on and 7.5 hours has never taken so long to get through.
Tonight my friends and I will sit around a campfire together and drink a lot. I am looking forward to this.
Everyone at work agrees that Pat Robertson is a fool and should not be Secretary of State, even though we would save a lot of money and could balance the budget if he were.
I turned on the heat in my living room night before last because it was really cold. This may be the earliest I have done that but I doubt it.
The dog peed on the bed in her sleep the other night. A big, wet puddle that I put my foot in when I stretched out in my sleep. It was the same night that I dreamed my mother, my sister and I were going to Paris together.


All of these things make up my week. I am not being forced out of my home in Gaza. I am not in danger of stepping on a land mine. I am not being threatened by a hurricane. I do not have a dog that bites me or other people (my friend with the therapy dog had her dog lunge, teeth bared, at another friend's son recently. We all secretly giggled because Ann is so proud of her therapy dog). I do not have a son serving in a war I do not believe in (although I still do not believe in the war). And, as usual, I do not have cancer.

1 comment:

  1. and that is what life is pretty much made up of, most of the time. little events.
    have a good time with your friends. don't drink too much.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete