Thursday, December 08, 2005

OK, here goes, tagged by Molly

10 things that make me happy

1. Sitting on the boat house porch at night by candle light
2. Watching my dogs gallop side by side like horses pulling a chariot
3. Lying in my bed in the morning sunshine, staring into space and thinking about nothing
4. Being with my family
5. Driving at night in the winter with no headlights because the moon and snow are so bright you don't need them
6. The feeling of sun on my skin
7. Pulling into my driveway and driving up the hill: the moment my house comes into view
8. Standing in the middle of the lake in bright sunshine on a dead calm day in the winter time
9. Swimming way out into the lake when the lake is dead calm in the summer time, especially at night
10. My tea rose bush in full bloom: I've had it for 30 years and even though it's just a thing, it's been with me everywhere I've lived.

2 comments:

  1. A tea rose bush is certainly NOT *just a thing*. It is a living thing, or as the buddhists would say, "a being."
    -Congratulations on keeping a plant alive that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. What Molly said.

    Definitely not a "thing." What I'd do for one of my mom's rose bushes. She carefully tended about 40 of them in our yard. sigh...

    Someday, will I have a 30-year-old plant? Not likely; I'm hard on plants.

    I like your list!

    ReplyDelete