Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Music, sweet music

Songs that will make me stop whatever I'm doing and turn up the volume:

Unknown legend, by Neil Young
The end of innocence, by Don Henley
And she was, by Talking Heads
American Pie, by Don McLean

songs that do not:

What if Jesus came back like that, by Collin Ray
I believe, by Gladys Knight and the Pips
Be not afraid (a tribute to Pope John Paul II), by the award winning singer Janelle
(Shake, shake, shake) shake your booty, by K.C. & The Sunshine Band
You light up my life, by Debby Boone

and yet...and yet this is how I spend my afternoon, cataloging these titles, and so many more. I have yet to figure out what awards Janelle won, but I, too am an award winning person. I won an award in high school for scoring 4th in the State of Illinois on the statewide Spanish test. So I am an award-winning librarian. We figure that Janelle is fresh from her tour of county fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment