Monday, November 20, 2006

Cabin & Outhouse


Cabin & Outhouse
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
This is the cabin that Ann and Kathy, the two women from Baltimore who visit Ken (and the neighborhood) stay when they come in the summer. The cabin is called The Warbler and was originally built as a place for a woman named Eva to play her music in. It's way up on a hill in back of Ken's house. There's an outhouse right next to it, which you can barely see in the picture. The cabin has electricity but no running water. The women love staying there and have a refrigerator and hot plate. It doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me but then I suppose if I lived in suburban Baltimore and it were my only access to the Adirondacks I might feel differently. It is a beautiful spot. That's Chances, who loves going there because it offers a great spot for an uninterrupted run.

No comments:

Post a Comment