Friday, July 17, 2009

dock 003


dock 003
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Well there she is. Wouldn't be a summer posting without at least one picture of the mountain, would it. This is a sunrise, just an ordinary sunrise. There haven't been any really colorful ones (that I've seen anyway) but they've been peaceful and sweet. Sometimes I feel as if the ones with brilliant colors are sort of violent and too startling.

I've been staying at the boat house lately, though I was at home the other morning when it was 40 degrees. As I say, a girl has her standards. I stay in the b.h. if the morning temp will be at least 50. I've been there the past couple of nights, ostensibly to clean, get the garbage, etc. But not. Instead I read, stare into space, think, ponder, and sleep. It's a nice thing to be able to do, in a really nice place.

Nothing much going on, except for seeing lots of people and enjoying my social life. I'm sort of worn out and in need of a little solitude. I turned down dinner last night because I just wanted to go home, get the dogs & go to the b.house while it was still fairly early. It was a very nice night, calm and warm.

I was going to swim but as soon as I got in the water I changed my plan--VERY cold. And I'm not a hardy girl, it turns out. I have great plans to swim and get lots of exercise--I am very tubby. well, beyond tubby I'm afraid. I was walking the bog earlier this summer, and I intend(ed) to swim. Seems I only swim when Jenica makes it look appealing.

As soon as I get my new lawn mower I'll mow the lawn--that's good for an hour of exercise. I'm also getting some wood from Ken's house. I could stack that myself, instead of having Bill's Boys do it, as I've been doing for the past many/several years. I used to stack all my wood--10-12 cords a year. Then I discovered the thrill of watching someone else do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment