Friday, November 12, 2010

veterans day 2010 015


veterans day 2010 015
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
And here's what you see at the end of the driveway. Maybe you envisiioned a cozy cottage in the woods, but when you make up your own blueprint you never know what you'll get. We made up the design of the house as we went along--like, before the upstairs flooring was completely done I said "Why don't we have a cathedral ceiling in the living room & leave the rest of the second floor open?" That was instead of making the master bedroom really huge and interesting. With a good view. There's not a good view from anywhere you could put the bed, and it's important to me to be able to see something nice when I wake up and/or go to sleep. I don't sleep in the master bedroom anymore, I sleep downstairs in what we called the studio. It was intended to be the room for my basket weaving, but I use it as my bedroom. It has a huge window that looks out into the woods and I really like that. It has no closet, and I really don't like that. I use the master bedroom as a storage unit, and yesterday I realized there's not even room in there to put shelves to put things on to get them off the floor. I have my work cut out for me, but am feeling sligtly motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment