Monday, December 13, 2010

not the most beautiful I've ever had, but she's mine

This started out as a perfectly respectable Christmas tree. A friend helped me put it up on Saturday, but I tipped the table over that night and the tree fell to the floor. Much loss of ornaments (the floor now sparkles with tiny pieces of glass ornaments), which is OK, things are just things. The dark blue, heavy glass ball that was my great-grandparents' didn't break.

Anyway, when I tried to put it up again, I could not, could not, could not get this tree to stay vertical, it kept tipping over. The trunk is too small for the stand. The stand is too big for the trunk. There are shims between the trunk & the screws trying to hold it in place. It's a ridiculous endeavor. I contemplated un-decorating it and starting over, or cutting a new tree. This tree is thte top of a 40' balsam tree cut by friends while I was in RI at Thanksgiving. So it's special. A Congressional tree, cut by Rush. There was a big branch/bough on the left, which matched the one on the right, but I cut it off out of frustration at trying to get the stupid tree to stand up. I don't even care if it's straight or leaning, just as long as it stays up. It's tied to a bookcase. I tried wiring it to the wall, the way Mark does at Liza's, but the screw in the wall just came right out. That added another circle of frustration. or hell.

Let's see what greets me when I get home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment