Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The villagers are revolting! Italian figures charging toward the manger

Every year my sister sends us clay figurines from Italy. They're supposed to represent citizens bringing gifts to the manger (or some version of that). Each of us in the family gets one. My mother puts her collection (which includes Mark's) out at Christmas as part of the overall decorations. My poor sister is having trouble finding ones that we don't already have--I mean, how many gifts can the Italian villagers come up with?

I used to keep my group up all year but decided I should save them for special occasions. Or maybe I got tired of looking at them all the time. Now they live in the dark, waiting for their next opportunity to be generous.

We give them pet names, like Broccoli Boy, Pizza Man, Boy with dog humping him (that's really a sheep he's leading), Loose Lady (she's swishing her skirt up), etc. There are a lot of them, fer shure.

No comments:

Post a Comment