Monday, March 28, 2011

mar 2011 alder brook 003

mar 2011 alder brook 003 by woodsrun
mar 2011 alder brook 003, a photo by woodsrun on Flickr.

My latest shot of Alder Brook, where I mark the change in landscape depending on seasons. It's on the way to Saranac Lake & Tupper Lake, so I don't see it all the time, but fairly often. Wish I knew the names of the mountains ...

I went to Saranac Lake Sat. evening, to calling hours for an elderly friend who died. She was a wonderful person, one of those "true ladies." Sort of a mentor to me, she was on the board of our library system when I arrived and for a few years after that. She ushered in the concept of term limits, which made her unpopular and also ended in her leaving the board because of the limit.

After the calling hours I went to Placid with a friend--actually went OUT. We visited & drank in a local bar/restaurant there. It was nice to be out & about, but everyone in bars these days is about 23. Yes, everyone is younger than they used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment