Thursday, February 23, 2012

004

004 by woodsrun
004, a photo by woodsrun on Flickr.

There's that mountain again. The ice is thick, really it is--it was measured at 16" thick a couple of weeks ago. So I figured it would be safe to take the dogs for a walk on the lake. Well, sure, it's thick AWAY from shore, but near shore there are pockets of very thin ice. Like, ice that won't hold my weight (not that it's just THIN ice that won't hold my weight...). So I fell through the ice. Up to my hips. I'm notorious for scolding people for going out on thin ice. I have 2 friends who went through the ice in shallow water last year. I told them they were really stupid for going out on the ice. Wow do I ever sound like an idiot now. I had no trouble getting out, and sloshed on home after the experience, trying to figure out just how it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment