Monday, February 06, 2012

New month

And now it's February.  I hate wishing my life away, but I like having the end of winter closer.  And today is Monday, which I don't feel like having.  I like my job a lot, but I'm tired of driving to Plattsburgh so much, and tired of working.  I look forward to weekends and vacations a lot.  This must be what it's like to get near retirment.

I've been doing pretty well, nothing much going on.  Went to the dump on Saturday, taking Tess and Treasure for the car ride.  Tess is an old pro at riding in the car, but Treasure is a rookie.  She has to be lifed into the car, sees no real advantage to getting in one.  I've taken her places twice, and at least she didn't chew anything (the way Tess used to)(at least I hope USED TO is the right term there).  She sat in the back seat, facing the back of the seat, for most of the trip.  Tess stands on the arm rest between the front seats & watches the road.  She can see things like squirrels, cats, dogs, etc.  People don't interest her much but animals, even birds, perk her right up.  At one point Treasure did nudge me, a good sign that she's aware that a car is not a cage and she can move around.  or something.

Watched the Super Bowl, mostly.  It was a pretty good game but I did want the Patriots to win.  That last chance pass was painful to watch.  I thought Madonna sucked and the half-time show was lame.

It's in the 20's today and feels reminiscent of spring.  I was going to walk on the tradmill here at work but hope to go outside instead and take a long walk.  Walking in the city is boring, I think, but it would be good to get some fresh air.  I spent very little time outside during the weekend, had thought of walking the dogs but got sidetracked.  So Tess walked herself with strangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment