Thursday, September 27, 2012

They really do not like to have their pictures taken together

I'm trying to get a good portrait of my dogs. This is a big undertaking, it turns out. They do not like to sit still, nor do they like to sit still next to each other. I could take pictures of them while they're sleeping, but then they'd just look dead.

I walked to camp yesterday afternoon to get some plastic jugs for the cider pressing that Lin is having this weekend. I had a few in the boat house, and it was a beautiful day for a walk. I'll pick up a bushel basket of apples probably tomorrow on my way home (I hope--I asked at one orchard & she said she'd put together a basket of cider apples for me). I'll make something like a dessert or salad or something to take. Guess I'd better decide and get going on that project, huh. I also have to make a cake for Sunday--Pat's granddaughter's 19th birthday.

Had a nice evening with the Holts and McDougalls last night--dinner at Barn Swallow. What a nice group of people. I walked home alone in the rainy darkness, which was really great. I used to walk at night a lot, when I was depressed and feeling lonely. I don't feel depressed or lonely anymore, so I don't walk so much at night. How do dogs see at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment