Thursday, March 19, 2015

Airport waiting

I'm at the Burlington airport now, waiting for time to pass until my newly-assigned plane leaves.  My flight was changed from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. so I have plenty of time to do...what?  Well, I've played with my Kindle, I've had a cup of coffee, I've checked on Barnes & Noble, which doesn't open until 9 (too late).  Now I'm at the Information Desk using the free connection.  How safe is this?  Probably not very.

I went to RI last week and had a great visit with my mother and Mark.  The weather was pretty crummy but it was nice to be there.  They have about as much snow as I do at home so that was a drag.  The dogs could walk on top of the snow, which meant they could easily have jumped out of the pen but they're too stoopid to know how to do that.

We didn't go to the beach--Mark had a nasty cold so we just stayed in and read a lot.  Very peaceful and nice.  On Liza's birthday we didn't go out to eat but instead had an "everyone's favorite food" meal.  I cooked delicious shrimp scampi, Mark cooked a steak, and I had my lobster the next night.  Lobster is definitely my favorite food.

On Sunday we went out for breakfast then tried to go shopping in the town where I used to live, but the stores there don't open until noon so that was a bust.  We drove around looking at the water instead, which Liza liked.  Up to a point.

Today I'm on my way to Georgia to see Joe and Martha for 5 days.  It will be grand to be with them, and I'm very curious about the weather and landscape there.  Couldn't be more different than what is going on here.  Still have snow, temps in single digits in the morning (well, maybe not today, I think it was 11) and "warming" to the 30's and maybe 40's while I'm gone.

The dogs are at the kennel.  This is a small place near where I live.  The owners have 22 sled dogs (Siberian huskies), really beautiful dogs.  They were getting ready to go sledding when I dropped off the dogs yesterday morning.  The dogs marched right into the building as if they wanted to be there.  Well, who knows what dogs want or think, maybe they think of kenneling as a big adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment