Sunday, May 03, 2015

Let's have spring after all

The ice went out last week, on the 30th, and my daffodils are starting to bloom.  Crocuses have gone by, squill is blooming.  I put out the hummingbird feeder, just in case, though it's probably too early.  Ralph saw a h'bird at their house in Peaseleeville today, though, so I might have been OK putting it out.  I keep looking at the feeder expectantly.

I had a good week last week (every week is a good week).  I did go to Plattsburgh twice, but that's not so bad.  I took the dogs to the vet: Treasure for her check-up and shots (she's a tad overweight but doesn't have heartworms or Lyme disease) and Tess to have her liver checked to see if the anti-inflammatory med is hurting her liver (it's not).  Whew, that should do it for a while (a girl can dream).

I took my lawn mower in for a tune-up and they finished it in less than a week so I picked it up on Friday.  YAY.  Now all I need is a lawn to mow--the grass is brown still and the yard is full of molehills so I've got a bit to wait yet.

I had a late breakfast with a good friend on Friday (delicious French toast) at the diner in Wilmington, and we had a very nice visit after eating.  Oh I do have some good friends.

Not much going on this week (yeah, right).  Weds. is my Plattsburgh day, and I think I'll go there again on Friday to pick up some food for a cousin who may be staying at my house next weekend.  I'm hoping to have lunch with Bill that day, too.

Just got a call from Duncan, who had a great trip to New Orleans and is now gearing up for a gig with his band next weekend.  Very exciting.

The weather is just grand and is supposed to be good all week.  Of course that means we need some rain.  Fire danger is high, it's very dry right now.  It may rain next weekend, which would be good.

I went to Lamoy's with Lin this afternoon and restrained myself from buying much.  I did get some pale yellow violas that were cute beyond description, and a couple of geraniums which may go to the cemetery or may stay on my deck.  There's plenty of time to decide that, we still may have a frost.  We don't generally plant much outside until Memorial Day.  Violas are tough, though.  Geraniums are not so I'll bring them in if it gets cold.

Warm sun, cool breezes, can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment