Thursday, July 30, 2015

Good intentions

Well, I have the best intentions about this blog.  I want to post more often but it just doesn't seem to be happening.  Yes, I'm busy, and I'm not spending much time at home, but it doesn't take long to write something (if anyone's out there reading this).

I've had a busy week, a hot and muggy week.  Sunday was all about food--an extravaganza of food for Bill's contribution to Sunday dinners.  A catered affair with many things.  That lasted for most of the afternoon, and at 6 we had book group with a bit more food (delicious) and a nice time.  We talked about the book (!) and visited.  Did we like The orchardist?  Yes, for the most part.  I thought it was very well written but we all had issues with some of the plot twists.

I spent a hot Tuesday morning in Plattsburgh--doctor's appointment and haircut.  Going to town in this weather makes me feel sooooo fortunate to have my home where it is. Oh yes.  I've spent most of my time on the boat house porch this week, with an occasional spell of dock time and swimming.  There's a cousin in camp with her friends, all of whom are very nice.  I keep to myself mostly and it all seems to work well. 

Wednesday I had a hot dock day, then went to Linda's for a farewell visit with MaryKay and Sheila.  We ended up at the Beach House for burger dinners and a good time.

Yesterday was another dock day--there's really not much else you feel like doing in this weather.  I went to the dump with Annie, then had a good visit with her.  I'll see her for dinner tonight.  Last night was dinner with my cousin and her friends on the porch at main camp, where there was an occasional breeze.

What's up for today?  Not much.  I think I'll have to go to a store for bread, maybe I'll go to the post office in AuSable to say hello to my friends there.  I haven't seen them since Duncan put up my mailbox and I resumed home delivery.

The dogs seem fine with sleeping in the boat house, splitting days between my house and camp.  They got new collars this week, probably the most exciting thing to happen to them for a while.  Aside from some porcupine quills in Treasure's chin.

I'm so very happy these days, truly enjoying retirement.  I've wanted to spend a summer home/at camp/with friends for so many years and I'm wallowing in this.  It is so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment