Friday, September 28, 2018

Coloring the woods

We're getting more and more color, some oranges and reds though a bit faded maybe, and yellows around my house.  I love this time of year, the woods glow and it's so much lighter outside.  We had rain this morning but now we have some clouds and some sun.  Temp is 65, a nice day after all.

Didn't walk this morning, just had coffee and a visit with my friend because it was raining.  We've made plans to walk tomorrow unless it's pouring.  I promised Bear.

Work yesterday was fine, we scanned images from 1911-1913 and that was fun.  We're loving the time we spend on black & white images of mountains and scenery that look boring.  I question the validity of scanning ALL of the images but then I realize that the physical images won't last forever and who knows who will want which images in the future.  And my assignment is to scan the 6,000-7,000 images so scan I do.

I visited with friends who are leaving on Monday, our farewell cocktails together for this year.  Neighborhood is emptying fast.  It's feeling funny to have so much time to myself but I'd better get used to it.  This morning I went to Peru, to the laundromat to wash a big BIG load of bedding, clothes, seat covers, etc.  I love the giant machine there but opted to dry everything at home so that's what I'm spending my afternoon doing.

I watched some of the Kavanaugh hearing yesterday but was so very very disgusted that I couldn't spend much time on it.  That man is NOT Supreme Court material, no matter how he behaved earlier in his life.  I do believe his accusers but regardless of that a whining, weepy, screaming judge is not a good candidate.  Now we'll wait to see the outcome.

My weekend looks pretty quiet.  I'll spend time at the thrift store tomorrow morning.  Book group meets Sunday and I'm only about halfway through the book so should be reading instead of watching Death in Paradise.  or even the Senate vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment