Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Rain is good

It's a rainy day, the second one this week.  That's good news, my well may appreciate it.  Poor Bear went out this morning and got caught in a downpour--he decided he could wait to do his pottying until the rain let up a bit.  Must be nice, Bear, to pick and choose like that.

It's been a busy few days but I've seen my friends a bunch of times and that's been nice.  They leave today for home (Minnesota) and I won't see them again for a long time.  This is a couple I really enjoy visiting with, lots of laughter.

I cooked lobsters for friends the other night.  One of the easiest meals I know how to cook.  This was a thank-you dinner for people who feed me when they visit the North Country.  The lobs were good but I have to say not as tasty as the ones I have in RI.  Can that really be true?  They were very lively when I put them in the pot but the ones in RI are so much fresher.  Oh well, they were tasty and everyone had a good time.

I've been doing my usual stuff (minus dock time), worked yesterday, ran errands in Plattsburgh on Monday (got lobsters and groceries).  Sunday was nice, went to breakfast with friends then spent some time tidying up the living room.  I'm getting ready for the solitude of winter, preparing myself for the absence of my good summer friends.  Some are leaving today, some leaving Monday.  We'll have one Last Hurrah Columbus Day weekend and the following week but then it will be a return to my off-season normalcy.

The spray foam insulation seems to be working well.  I've had a fire a few times and the house heats up well but the main difference is that it STAYS WARM!!   Imagine that!  It was 70 in the living room last night and is 69 this morning, unheard of even though it's 63 outside.  It's a rainy day and that usually feels chillier.

Have not been walking in the mornings and really really need to get back into that as well as modifying my diet.  We did walk yesterday so that was a good start.  Not walking today.  I'm going to get back into a Weight Watchers diet, oh yes I am.  I only gained a few pounds this summer but that was bad, very very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment