Thursday, March 02, 2006



Send in the clowns


This is what I look like with the people I work with, taken an hour ago. There are 2 missing: one of my clerks and the woman we sometimes call The Little Nazi, who many years ago was the board's mole and helped get the director fired. She's management confidential and is the director's secretary. Anyway, which one am I? Give up? Second from the left. Looks as if Rich, the van driver is afraid of me. That's the director standing next to me. Funny how the rest of the staff is all cuddled together. Two portly men standing on the end, Bob at the very end--he's the bookmobile driver who right now is causing some real problems. He's 71 and wants everything done his way. Second man is in charge of our finances and he wants everything done his way. My friend Julie is between Betsy (in stripes) and D. (in pink). D. is the bookmobile clerk who is dumber than a box of hair and is our "goodwill ambassador" to the world on the bookmobile. She and Bob have been complaining nonstop about the new $300,000 bookmobile. It doesn't hold enough books, the shelves are too high, there's too much room for the children's area, it's too dusty, the picture we're standing in front of is too dark and ohmygod there are too many other things wrong with it to list.

These are the people I spend most of my life with.

2 comments:

  1. Ya'll look cold standing there (mostly) coatless.

    People who complain all the time: what is their issue?? Makes me nuts.

    Thanks for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice bookmobile!
    the last group picture I shot did not include a woman who said, "I don't like group pictures." Fine, you shoot it then, was my answer.

    ReplyDelete