Thursday, September 20, 2007

barcoding fools


barcoding fools
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
This is what I did yesterday--added holdings to the data base at the Wilmington library. That's Tracey, who would be furious if she knew I had posted her picture in my blog. We took the laptops, used the wireless network and added holdings for stuff that didn't have smart barcodes (wasn't already in the data base). We do that for libraries after we've made one pass with the smart bars. We have a good time when we do it and everyone always comments on how well we work together and how much we laugh. It's always nice to get out together so we can be reminded that it's possible to enjoy the company of one's colleagues. We go out for lunch, too. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny and warm day but it was freezing in the library (hence my sweatshirt). Plus the toilet didn't work so we had to either wait until noon or use the bathroom next door at the Chamber of Commerce. I went there from home so only worked 9-3, which means I'll make up the time today and tomorrow to avoid using what little time I still have. The Wilmington library is one of our smallest librarires--this is half of the library's non-fiction. I often see someone I know when we go to our southern libraries, and yesterday I saw someone I knew from my basketmaking days. She makes bug hats--they're like fisherman hats covered with netting that you drop down to cover your face & neck with to keep away black flies. It was nice to see her and we agreed it was REALLY time for Ladies' Night, which we haven't had in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment