Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jones Pond


Jones Pond
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Here's Jones Pond--I've posted pictures of it before. It's between my house and Paul Smiths College. You get a really nice view of it from the road. My friend Marykay wanted me to paddle the pond with her this summer but I didn't have the energy to do it on the weekend. She went without me and turned it into about a 4 hour trip, paddling through connecting waters to other ponds. I've always wanted to paddle this pond, I've driven by it so many times.

The day was unbelievably bright yesterday--I drove from home to Canton and back for a workshop. Behind the hill in the left of this picture you could see Camels Hump mountain, in Vermont. I've never seen anything even close to that from here. Really spectacular.

I had the last dockside drink of the season with Fred. We sat on the dock until dusk, after watching the golden light on the far shore, then the moon rise and bright moonlight across the water. It was really nice but poor Fred--his uncle had just died and he was very sad. I stayed as long as I could but had to go to Ken's to treat a wound he had on his arm. I wanted to stay with Fred and enjoy more time on the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment