Thursday, September 13, 2007

Time for a break
Loaded 1896 records for downloadable audio books last week and have been cleaning them up bit by bit this week. Sometimes it puts me right to sleep, other times I get into it. This morning I did it for a couple of hours before my head hit my desk and I sat up with a post-it note stuck to my forehead.

Life has settled down a whole lot for me. Only Fred and one couple left in the neighborhood right now, until Columbus Day. So quiet, nice to have my life back. All I've done this week is go home and watch mindless CSI and Law & Order and Daily Show. Last night I stopped at Ken's for a quick visit. He was really happy to see me and we had a good time. Tues night I met Fred in town for dinner at the so-so Italian restaurant, then we tried to go to the meeting between the Town Board and the Planning Board. Stood in the rain for 25 minutes but no one came so we figured either the meeting had been canceled or they'd held it somewhere else so we wouldn't go. Either way they really need to let the public know.

Mouse trapline is pretty effective these days. So far I've eliminated 8 from my home, but there are more. They're pretty good at licking the peanut butter off the spring without getting whacked. I nail one every other day or so. Victory this morning. I have 2 favorite spots, stupid mice. Sound too gory? Think what it's like for me. Sometimes I hear the WHACK! while I'm watching tv.

Not much going on in life these days. Need to make appointments for eyes, breasts and cervix. Will get to it, probably in that order.

Flowers look like hell on the deck right now so I'll probably empty the pots soon. They just look really skanky so I'll buy a few chrysanthemums for color and call it quits. Have a few perennials to plant but must pull up weeds to make room. Am also planning to move lilies around so I can have someone with a backhoe move my rock wall to the edge of the yard, making it easier for the plowman. Projects and more projects. Not something I'm good at working on. I did start cutting up my lumber for kindling, though. Joe showed me how to use my *wonderful* cordless circular saw so I've been slowly cutting up my lumber pile for this year's kindling pile. It's lots of fun but I can only do a few boards at a time because my arm gets tired--the saw is heavier than I thought and I don't want to make any mistakes. I'm fairly confident but am very careful. Now I have 2 saws to use, very exciting. The reciprocating saw is electric so I have to use lots of extension cords, but it's' good for cutting down small trees. Must address the issue of slightly larger trees, since I've let too many of them grow too big. Ken bought a small brush hog yesterday. That would be really useful but I can't imaging borrowing it from him--his brand new toy. Besides it's probably too heavy. It's like a weed whacker with a saw on the end. way cool.

Back to my precious data base.

No comments:

Post a Comment