Monday, November 05, 2007

dead geranium


dead geranium
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Geraniums do not survive a heavy frost. Light frosts, maybe, but not one that freezes the juice in the stems. This is what happened while I was trying to decide whether to bring these in to winter over or not. You know, “Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans," said John Lennon. I was pretty much relieved of making this decision, although these geraniums were all different colors. Now I just have the red one from 2006 that Fred gave me that was so pretty this year. He gave me his huge pink ivy geranium that spent the summer on his dock. It's covered with blossoms now and is really pretty. I brought it to work, where I plan to have it spend the winter (and where it will look really ratty soon) because I don't have enough room at home. When it finishes blooming I'll cut it way back and everyone will comment on the fact that I killed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment