Monday, November 05, 2007

frosty


frosty
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Saturday morning. Heavy frost on car windows. I didn't go anywhere so I didn't have to scrape them. I didn't do much on Saturday, although it was a perfect day to do outdoor chores. I was out for a bit, splitting kindling and bringing in firewood. I kept the fire going all day; the house was 56 when I got up. It warmed up a lot because of the sunshine so there wasn't much of a fire, just a log or two now and then.

I called my last year's plow man and he'll plow again this year. I told him the boulders had been moved and he was pleased. He's a really, really nice man and a great person to have for a neighbor (neighbor in the sense that he lives less than 10 miles away).

Sat. night I was clever and proud to set my bedroom clocks back before going to sleep. I knew I'd remember to set the clocks in the living room when I got up. Or not. I got up really early and was wallowing in the hours I had before Sunday dinner--looked at the clock by the TV and BAM! it was already ten to 8. Man those hours went fast! Watch said the same thing. Can you believe that, at my age I forgot that we set our clocks back? I forgot about it for around 5 minutes, then it dawned on me that it was really 10 before 7. YAHOO! Had to set clock on max/min indoor/outdoor thermomether; telephone; clock by TV; watch. Do not set microwave or stove--power goes out too often to mess with those. In fact, we lost power for 6 hours the other day (which means I had just set the time on all electric clocks last week. oh how I suffer, don't I).

No comments:

Post a Comment