Tuesday, December 04, 2007


Peace talks
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Chances and kittie found temporary peace. I'm not sure either of them realized the other was there, or that they were actually touching each other. This was a very strange, unique moment.

Day off yesterday--big storm hit the North Country. We were supposed to get, oh I don't know, 85 inches of snow or something dramatic like that. The library system was closed--decision made by Librarian in Charge (there are 4 of us who rotate being in charge when the Director is out). The director was at home, just having a day off, so she could have made the decision but did not. Anyway, we had a lot of ice first, then a lot of heavy wet snow so I was happy not to have to get to Plattsburgh. The roads were reported to be very bad. In Hawkeye we got about 8-10" I guess (who measures anymore?). I tried cleaning off my car in the afternoon but there was a layer of ice coating the whole thing, especially the windows, so all I could do was make a peekaboo hole in the windshield for today's drive. What a mess.

I spent the entire day, minus 1 1/2 hours, watching The Closer on TV. By rights I should have bedsores on my butt. Anyway, it was a pretty good day. The dogs and cat certainly enjoyed it. It was too hot in the living room at one point, which I thought was pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. We got somewhere between 8 inches and a foot (seriously, who measures?), and you'd think all hell'd broken loose. Did you HEAR the list of school closings?!

    Also, I adore The Closer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete