Friday, June 20, 2008

Plant cruelty


Plant cruelty
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
You can see why Fred has founded the Silver Lake Society for Plant Protection. He and I feel strongly that you should never be cruel to plants. Apparently I don't feel as strongly about it as he does. I took this picture earlier this week, though, and last night I spent a long time planting annuals. Almost all of them, in fact. Now I have a bunch of perennials, which are harder because you have to find them a permanent home. I also have more annuals, but they will go in the ground.

I fall for the same thing every year--high hopes that THIS year will be the one I'll be a good gardener, a conscientious one who plants things as soon as she gets them home. Being a cataloger, though, seems to mean that I have to have them all together in one place before I decide what to do with each one. Must see them as a group before dealing with individual ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment