Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lap o'luxury

One of the things I really enjoy is staying in a motel by myself. If it's a nice one, anyway. Right now I'm in Worcester, Mass., getting ready for a conference tomorrow. I have the sweetest suite ever. Big TV, pool, exercise room open 24 hrs., biggest bed in history, wireless I'net, food available 24 hours. OMG. Can a girl get it better? Yes, I don't have to pay for it, it's covered by another lib. system (so I don't have to hear that we can't afford it).

Drive down was a little longer than I'd expected, even longer if you add in the 30 min. or so it took me to find this place. Tomorrow's trick: find Holy Cr. College, where the conference is. New England Tech Services Lbns, some actually relevant presentations (I hope). It's only a day (rats! I would enjoy more time here in my heavenly hideaway). What's Worc. like? nothing. I have a friend who lived here for several years, working at the public library. I can't picture her here, but, even though it feels as if I've seen all of the city backwards & forwards, I haven't covered much ground.

Great sights on the way here: shad is in bloom once you get past Lake Geo. It's everywhere, it's everywhere! I like the way a lone shad tree appears in the middle of the woods. Nice effect. Also plenty of getting-green trees. Nothing like that at home, but I have one batch of daffodils that started to bloom today. wee-ha.

Nice bog walk with dogs this morning. We're getting too used to having the place to ourselves--Tess already feels as if it's her special place, where she entertains guests. I walk fast now, have really picked up the pace. I used to stroll, now I stride. With much better posture. But I'm always amazed that I don't tip over from the weight in my middle.

Dogs are boarded at the vet's, our usual jail. They were all excited when we got there, and Tess is always interested in what's going on in the back. Chances, I think, is a little smarter; she turned around as soon as she saw where they were going. She's getting her kennel cough nose spray while she's there. Spraying things up a dog's nose is really funny. They haven't a clue about what's happening, but they don't freak out, just sort of snort.

Must turn off television QUICK!!! S Palin is nattering on. What an obnoxious voice. and message.

No comments:

Post a Comment