Thursday, September 09, 2010

Grannie's house



Pardon the queer alignment, I'm having trouble changing it.

This is a picture from the early '60's, our annual visit to my grandmother's house in New Jersey.  Notice:
the dolls are allowed to be at the table (my sister's is, I think, a Betsy Wetsy doll: mine, I think, is NOT).  Even the cradle is allowed--on the table no less.  Note my sister's shoes.  How cute are they?  I remember having shoes like that, mine were red.  The glasses were red and were my grandmother's favorites.  That is my mother on the right.  She's cheerful, in spite of the look Grannie is giving my brother.  Wonder what my brother has done to deserve such a look.  You didn't have to do much to be looked at like that.  When we were young, Grannie would take my sister and me to Lord & Taylor for lunch.  Very fance, and we had to weare white gloves.  I kid you not.





No comments:

Post a Comment