Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sept home 011


sept home 011
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Tess, the captive audience. She has to be cabled so she'll stay home, boring old home, instead of walking the bog with fascinating strangers--making new friends. I can't count the number of times people have brought her to the house, called to see if she made it home, etc. She has a tag with her name & address on it, but someone suggested I have a tag made that says "I'm Tess the Bog Dog and I know my way home."

One year she got a Christmas card addressed to Tess the Bog Dog. It was from some people in Texas who'd been vacationing in the Adks. They sent a picture of Tess with one of them. Interesting notion. I communicated with them for a while--they sent pictures of their cattle, a cross between long-horns and Angus. Good for meat and could withstand the heat. They said they worried about mountain lions, not things like raccoons or red squirrels, the way I do.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:11 PM

    how are you?

    Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

    ReplyDelete