Friday, November 04, 2011

Friday

Don't really have much to say, but I could give a Chances update.  She's doing marginally better, really tries to walk but tumbles over easily.  Like, when Tess nudges her.  Chances walks a little, sort of staggers.  The vet said I should help her by doing physical therapy with her hind legs, but I have yet to start.  Her legs are weak, I guess.  It'll be 3 weeks on Sunday.  Hard to remember what she was like before.  I tried taking Tess for a walk but Chances dragged herself to the door & tried to push it open.  That was sad.  I finally did take Tess for a quick bog walk but felt guilty so didn't stay long.  Why do we feel guilt about our animals?

I had a good week, temps made it not unpleasant at least.  Ice and frost this morning at home, with a report that it was snowing not far from home.  Supposed to be 19 tonight so I'll have a fire for sure.  This morning was bright and sunny--I didn't have to be at work until later so I got to drive in bright sunshine.  A nice change.

I spent Tuesday afternoon in Saranac Lake, cataloging some goodies in their Adirondack Room.  That was a nice change, and a good chance to visit with the people there.

What's up for the weekend?  Not much.  Going to the open house at the Dannemora library on Saturday--they moved into the old elementary school, which is really nice and a huge improvement over their former winidowless digs.  That won't take long.  Hopefully I'll finally paint the little chest of drawers in my bedroom, it should be warm enough to paint outside.  We once had a beagle named Chester Drawers.  My father liked to play with pet names.  We had a cat named Pitney Bowes.  Dog named Fanny Allen (when we lived in Burlington, of course), dog named Natty Bumpo (small puppy, hit by a car & died young), dog named John Humperdink Stover (Dink--horrible dachshund who lived for 18 years and even then refused to die), and a dog named Cindy.  Cindy?  She was a fat little doxie who was very sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment