Friday, April 27, 2012

And now not only is it FRIDAY, but it's pay day as well.  And my mood is good, much less dark than earlier in the week.  I was sick for a couple of days, felt crappy with headache and upset stomach, but today I'm back in rare form.  It was snowing this morning at home, but nothing like that going on here in the city.

It was a week that was.  Only working 3 days means that I have a lot to catch up on, my desk is a mess, I don't know what to work on first, and I missed out on the chocolate that was sent as a thank-you to our staff from someone retiring from a member library.  But it also means that I caught up on all daytime television, mostly Jon Stewart, with an occasional Judge Judy thrown in.  Yes, that's right, I knit while Judy J. is on.  Makes for excellent conversation fodder when I visit Pat & Jim.  And always makes me feel good about myself.

We started the week with about 4" of snow, which turned to ice, then slush, then melted.  The drive to work Monday was nasty, but I've put off removing my snow tires so I didn't have trouble.  Just went slowly and skidded a bit.  I went home on the Casey Road the other day--when theywere fixing the bridge on the Clayburg Road a while ago we had to use the Casey Road and it got to be a real drag, but it was nice to drive down it now, a familiar trek.  The road is in pretty good shape, which helped.  Nothing going on there, just a pretty ride through the woods.

I've been trying to walk every day, doing almost that.  I walk to camp or walk the bog.  Chances follows along gamely, though she's tired by the end of our walk.  The other two dash off into the woods as if someone left a trail of dog biscuits, then show up way ahead of me.  They're having a good time together but I think Tess would like it if Treasure were more playful.  Treasure doesn't seem to know how to play with other dogs, and Chances & Tess used to play "Mean Fierce Fighting Dog" with each other all the time.

I took Treasure to the vet for her Lyme booster, and her snotty treatment to prevent kennel cough.  This time we saw the regular vet, who hadn't met Treasure yet.  He was impressed and thought she was cute, well behaved, and that her ears are NOT too long.  She is well behaved at the vet, and for the most part at home as well.  A good dog.  With long ears.

I have to go grocery shopping on the way home, then I'll stop at P&J's for a quick visit.  I think I'll pick up some white paint for my kitchen cupboards.  They've been primed for months now--I was going to paint them some shade of gray, but I think I'll just go with white.  I was originally going to paint them black, which would actually look nice, but would make the kitchen look smaller than it is.  So I go with white.  And maybe this weekend I'll paint.  After I sweep, vacuum and tidy the living room.  This week I cleaned the bedroom, including UNDER the bed on my belly.  So much dog hair.  I went to the dump on my way to work Weds., got rid of a bunch of magazines & catalogs.  I have to take newspapers and clothes next; that's a bigger load.

I've been working on our e-book collection, which is a lot of work.  I have to select and purchase, then create a record and a live link for each title.  And it's frustrating because there's just not much of interest that we can afford that's available.  I ordered something called The autism handbook, and the image that downloaded shows a book in Chinese.  dear god let that be just the cover.  Is Chinese autism different from American?

No comments:

Post a Comment