Friday, June 08, 2012

And the season hasn't even started yet

What a busy week!  Lots of people in Hawkeye, lots of things going on. 
Started the week with a trip to Burlington (doctor) for me and a trip to Keeseville (vet) for the dogs.  Busy day, pretty trip to Vt.  Nothing now wrong with either the dogs or me.  Yippee!  Let's hear it for good health.

Tuesday I got to work in Keene Valley in the morning, helping the director there (who's a good friend) weed her non-fiction.  We have a good time working together, and she finished up the project this week so I'll have to come up with another reason to go there.

Today I leave work a little early to take the car to have it's summer shoes put on.  "WHAT??!!! You still have your snow tires on?"  Yes, indeed I do.  But today I'll take care of that, as well as have the oil changed and have the car inspected.  Then I'll be set for a while.  I put at least 20,000 miles on my car each year.  So much driving to and from Plattsburgh--some mornings I just hate it, most days I just do it.  Driving home is never bad, of course--I'm looking forward to being in Hawkeye.

Last Saturday night I had dinner with Jim & Judy, a really nice time.  Good visit with them, but they left for home on Sunday.  They were only here for the weekend to open camp.  They'll be back, then we can sit on their wonderful porch and watch the water.

Sunday I visited with Pat & Jim & Bill, then went to Linda's for a quick visit with her.  That night Fred & I tried to go to a restaurant in Wilmington, one that's now opened under new management.  Well heck--call ahead, you dolt.  It was closed, so we ended up at a mediocre restaurant, but we had a good time together, as always.  Always?  Well, yes, or else we don't get together.

I talked to my mother a couple of times this week--she's doing much better but says she still looks too terrible to go out in public.  Poor thing, her bruises are taking a long time to clear up.  She's feeling good, though, but spends a lot of time lying down.  I think when you're 86 that's an OK thing to do.

Work has been good, pretty busy this week.  Lots of managing data in our data base, cleaning it up, and some weeding.

Last night I went to Ann's for a really nice gathering.  Lots of people there, good food (no, excellent food) and nice visits.  I also saw Joe & Martha this week, as well as Pat & Jim.  And the season hasn't started yet!

What's up for the weekend?  Going to the Master Gardeners' perennial sale in Lake Placid with a friend tomorrow morning.  Dinner with Linda tonight.  Organic beef/pot roast.  Belmont Stakes party tomorrow, after visiting with other friends who will be here for the weekend.  And on and on it goes.  I'm taking Monday off, probably to recover from the weekend.  I have been getting a little done upstairs here & there, mostly piling old rotten clothes in prep. for taking them to the dump.  I'm feeling less harried about it as a project, knowing that it will get done, all in good time.

Kitty is missing--I haven't seen her since Monday and I fear she's not coming back.  I'd like to know what happened to her (if anything)--it's doubtful that she's found a new home, she could barely stand living with me.

Dogs are fine.  Treasure is working out well, and Tess finally got her to play Fierce Mean Fighting Dog last night.  Plenty of aaaargh noises and clacking of teeth.  Very cute.  Chances is fine, no change there.  They're all healthy and happy.  As am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment