Thursday, June 14, 2012

Time goes by

The days seem to take a long time to get through, but the weeks seem to fly by.  How strange.  It's already Thursday, and next week I fly to Wisconsin for my Gathering of Midwestern Women.  I leave Weds., only working Mon. & Tues.  Tuesday night I have to find my way to a new kennel I've never used before.  First I have to go home from Pbg to pick up the dogs, then back toward Pbg, to Chazy or someplace.  This trip is expensive for me, but I like these people.  These are friends from Rockford--some I've known for 50 years.  Yikes I'm old.  We're gathering to celebrate our 60th birthdays.  There will be 17 of us this time, and we're meeting in Lake Geneva.  From Weds. to Sunday, when I fly back at night to Burlington, then have to get home.  Whew I'll be tired.  But happy.

Things are going well.  It was a really busy weekend last weekend--many gatherings and meals with friends.  Friday Linda cooked a pot roast using her organic beef (delicious).  Saturday I had drinks with friends, then went to a Belmont Stakes party at J & M's, which was a lot of fun even if my horse didn't win.  It was a good race--I always watch horse races with great trepidation, fearful of injury to the horses.  I know it's a brutal business and they're not always nice to the horses, but boy it's fun to watch them.

Sunday was dinner with other friends, a nice time at the other end of the lake.  They have a nice view looking up the lake, which includes Duncan Mountain.  Pretty evening.  Boy do they have a nice dock!

I had Monday off and made pretty good use of my time.  I made a dump run, got rid of 2 bags of rotten clothing and another bag of garbage.  Sorted through a bunch of old photographs--put aside some in case Jamie wants them.  Dogs, young nieces, family.  I gave him a shoebox full of pictures last year, and still have more to sort through.  I threw out a bunch of pictures (why do I make prints of wildflowers?  What do I expect to do with them?) and all the negatives from my 35 mm days.  I've cleared the upstairs hallway and living room area--YIPPEE.  This is a huge accomplishment and I'm really proud of having done it.  Don't let things get so out of control again, Elizabeth.  The master bedroom is still a mess but I've started going through that stuff.  It's not as urgent because no one will be using the room.  I don't know if anyone will be staying in my upstairs bedroom, but it's in good shape if that happens.  I'm really excited about Anna's upcoming visit, had a nice conversation with her on Sunday.  She's a peach and I'm so proud of her.

Tuesday I worked in Keene, our final foray into barcoding that collection.  Uneventful trip, back to Pbg to work until 5.  Weds. I stopped at P&J's, had a good visit with them.  Last night I stopped at Linda's, where she fed me delicious stir fry with her organic pig.  Boy was that good.

I woke in the night with terrible heartburn--since I take med. for that I'm surprised when I get it, and distressed.  Was up for a couple of hours then finally went back to sleep.  It puzzles the dogs when I do these things, they think any time you get out of bed and go outside it should be followed by a bowl of food.  Sorry, ladies, didn't happen that way.

The cat is still missing, and I think she's gone for good.  My mother had a scenario she liked, that someone came across Kitty and liked her, took her home to a nice place where there are no dogs.  I don't think that happened, and I hope the end was swift if that's what happened.  No body on the road, so she didn't get hit by a car.  No body in the house, so I think maybe a predator got her.  I've been surprised that she lasted as long as she did at my house--we have at least one fisher and plenty of foxes and coyotes.  Too bad, kitty.

The Holts are here for a few days, so I'll see them this weekend.  They're bringing their new dog, a Gordon setter, so I'm looking forward to meeting him (Milo)(I like the name Milo).

Tonight after work our negotiating team is meeting to go over proposals and minutes from meetings, getting ourselves ready for impasse.  This is a stupid exercise (impasse) because there's so little at stake, but management is not willing to negotiate anymore.  So on we go. 

Don't know what the weekend holds--weather is supposed to be wonderful so I should do some outdoor work.  I have my containers planted, and they're looking pretty good.  Took one down to the boat house.  There are blossoms on the tomatoes, which is great and unusual for June.

I stayed in the boat house 2 nights, had a nice time there.  Loons a'plenty.  I need to do some cleaning there, mostly just picking up stuff and putting it away.  Still have no docks in, though the water was put in at camp.

Life is good.  Uneventful.  I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment