Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday YIPPEE

Not that I have any big plans for the weekend, but I like my time off.  I stayed home until late this morning, using up time.  I love mornings at my house--dont' know why, it's not that much more peaceful than any other time, but it's just nice to be at home and enjoy where I live in the morning.  More than in the afternoon?  I doubt it.

The dogs visited Dead Deer Alley this morning and I had to wander over there to get them.  So far we have a good collection of deer parts--I'm hoping for a full skeleton so I can prop it up in the yard and put lights on it.  not.  I have a ribcage and spinal column to go with the leg Treasure brought home last week.  Yuck.

What's up for the weekend?  Lin & I are planning a trip to Wilmington to visit the gallery of friends, plus make a stop at the world-famous thrift store there.  Will we see Marylou?

It's still cold in the morning, 13 today, with highs in the 40's.  Jacket weather, but NOT winter coat weather.  And sunny, clear and sunny.  Very nice.  I had lunch with Fred, which was a nice, unplanned treat.  We had a lot to say to each other and enjoyed our visit.

Am still weeding the collection here at work, but today I worked on the fiction collection for a change of pace.  Much simpler than the non-fiction, the decisions make themselves.  Now I have to pack up the discards & send them off to a correctional facility.  Inmates will read just about anything.

I'll stop at Pat & Jim's tonight, bur first must get to drug store for drugs, and store for CO2 cartridge for my soda maker.  Cannot make it through a whole weekend without seltzer water.  I had a great time this morning, stopped at the dump on the way in, then went grocery shopping so I don't have to do that this afternoon.  Oh I'm so clever.

Cute pictures from my friend Barb--of her really, really sweet grandchildren.  So many of my friends are now becoming grandparents--there's really a big bunch of them.  And they're all thrilled, just thrilled to have grandchildren.  My mother doesn't remember how excited she was when her first grandchild--or subsequent grandchildren--was born.  She adores her grandchildren now, and was truly thrilled when they were born.  As was I.  I like having nieces and a nephew, it's reallly great to have relatives that you love, really love.

My cousin's son (and ex-husband's brother) has gone to Kuala Lumpur (or however you spell it) from Lake Placid.  He's divorced, had a girlfriend for a long time but apparently met this woman online and has taken off and left his very conventional life behind to be with her.  So far he's happy to be there but boy oh boy is it hard to picture him so far from home.  I hope it all works out for him, he's very excited and is enjoying the experience.  Would I ever do that?  Well, I traveled a thousand miles to be with someone when I was young (very young)--what would I do now?  Doubtful that I'd leave what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment