Thursday, April 11, 2013

End of a good week

Just a few minutes before I leave for an evening presentation and reception.  ugh.  I had a good week, am looking forward to the all-day programs I'm attending tomorrow in Lake Placid.  Keep me out of those stores, though.

Dramatic morning at 58OHR: dogs took off, Treasure came back sans Tess.  This rarely happens, and I truly hate it when only one returns.  I drove around, walked around, called, honked the horn, did everything I could think of to no avail.  I was convinced she was under the ice and would wash up on shore in June.  I finally drove down the road, looking for a body (because, after all, how could she possibly stay away from me for 2 hours?).  Instead I found a construction crew entertaining and being entertained by Tess, about a mile from home.  What a rat pig.  She was having a great time and they thought she was wonderful.  They were making sure she didn't go in the road, and were very nice.

Other events of the week don't amount to much.  Weather was OK.  Doctor's appointment on Monday went well--all my numbers are good.  Yay good numbers.  I told him I was discouraged about my failure to lose weight.  He said what all good doctors say: get some exercise.  So I've been walking on the treadmill here at work, reading a book.  I can stand to do it but don't like giving up my running errands at lunch time.  Too bad--we all have to make choices.

Tonight and tomorrow the wether is supposed to turn ugly, with snow and sleet.  Just in time for my trip through the Notch.  Different predictions, but most agree we'll get 1-3" of snow.  On top of mud, my favorite combination.  There's still snow in my yard but the bare spots are growing daily.  Crocuses are just starting to come up.

Saw Pat & Jim this week--Pat doing a little better, the traction seems to be helping.  That's good.  I watched Beasts of the Southern Wild, and didn't care much for it.  Then I had a good conversation with a friend about it and she helped me see that it's really very good.  That's what happens at book group--I don't like the book but someone else does, and I'm easily convinced of the book's value and virtues.  Which is a nice way to interact with people, I think.

Had a quiet weekend last weekend, didn't do much.  Did plant RI pansies in pots, gave one to Pat & kept one.  Planted some cosmos seeds (indoors) and they're germinating nicely.  Now I just need to keep them alive unitl Memorial Day.  I've been having fires at night, trying to keep the heat off.  I sure am tired of starting fires.  And carrying firewood.  Oh, but it's such good exercise!  Yeah yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment