Monday, April 15, 2013

Nice weekend

Well, the weekend was nice EXCEPT for the weather.  I was in Lake Placid Friday, at a conference.  The driving was awful, not many plows out.  The conference was good, the trip home was worse than the morning drive.  They never did plow OHR, so I barely made it to the house.  Lucky thing I still have my winter tires on the car. 

Dump run, laundry, dishes, reading (Louise Erdrich, The round house--for book group), quet time.  I walked to camp on Sunday; when I left the house the sun was out, but it was sleeting hard by the time I got to the boat house.  Oh well, just meant I couldn't get a picture of the mountain.  Dogs had a great time but ran off to their private special place that I don't know about.  Rat pigs.  Treasure brought home a scapula on Saturday, a leg bone yesterday.  Aren't they finished with the autopsy of that poor dead deer?  There can't be many bones left.

Visit with Pat & Jim & Bill yesterday, all doing fairly well.  Pat is better, apparently the traction is working for her.  That's a relief--she's very tired of being housebound.  Me? I'm tired of looking at snow in my yard.  But the bare spots are expanding every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment