Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Whew

I'm bushed.  And it's only Wednesday.  Two of my co-workers were on vacation, one came back today and one returns tomorrow.  In the meantime I've been 3 people.  That makes the day go by fast but boy do I get tired.  Things will settle down tomorrow.  I've piled a bunch of work on my co-worker's desk--very unfriendly.  When I'm out people put work stuff on my chair, which seems slightly hostile to me--I mean, can I please sit down first?  So I don't do that.

Tomorrow night I have to go to Lewis to a meeting of a bunch of people who want to set up a library there.  They are slowly (very slowly) learning that there's more to a library than stamping date due slips.  They don't have a location yet, or a name, but they have 3 book trucks (one needs wheels) and feel that's a righteous start.  Well we all come from humble beginnings, I suppose.  Anyway, my director doesn't want to encourage them but sends me to work with them.  So I'm charming and don't discourage them, just keep telling them how complicated it is and that FIRST YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LOCATION before you can have a library.

It's been cold, too cold at night.  Had fires + turned the heat on, just couldn't stand to be cold.  It's been in the 20's in the morning, heavy frost.  I took all of my plantlets in and they're waiting to go back on the deck.  Tonight, maybe, though it's raining now and I don't know if it'll rain too hard for the little darlings.  Oh the complexities of life.

Dogs are doing well but I've been too lazy (and cold) to walk them so they've been entertaining themselves in the neighborhood.  Must stop doing this!  People will soon be arriving and I can't have them wandering around the way they do all winter.  I've been getting a little exercise on my own, but do need to combine that with keeping the dogs company.

Summer people start arriving this week--Joe and Martha come tomorrow, Linda next week.  All hell breaks loose after that.  I have my 5-day break Memorial Day weekend, with my usual high hopes that I'll get the house in better shape while I'm off.

I had lunch with Fred today.  He's a wreck, trying to arrange his life for the next post-surgery month.  Too many things to attend to, too many issues to deal with.  And he can't take anything for the pain for the next week (his surgery is on the 22nd).  That can't be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment