Friday, July 26, 2013

Week's end

It's been a pretty good week.  Maybe a little too much social life, but I did have some time alone at home.  I stayed in the boat house at the beginning of the week, but switched to home when night temperatures went down to 44 (the last 2 nights).  Not terribly warm now and the wind is cold so it feels a lot like September.  Strange patch of weather.

Busy weekend coming up.  Tonight is cocktails with Michael & Stephanie, a break, then dessert with the Nadals at 8.  Yikes.  Tomorrow the energy audit contractor says he's finally coming to my house in the morning, then I have NOTHING for the rest of the day.  Maybe dinner at Rustique with Linda et al., but maybe not so much.  I'm not sure about that one.

Sunday is dinner at J&M's--a big crowd this week.  Then book group at the boat house in the evening. 

Next week Molly & Paolo may come for a couple of days.  That would be great.  I may take a day off to spend with them.

I took yesterday afternoon off--had lunch with Linda + guests in downtown Plattsburgh, a nice small Greek restaurant.  That was fun.  Then I ran a few errands and on home I went.  I cleaned a bit in prep. of the contractor's visit, but there is woefully much more that should be done.  It won't get done in time.  Some things just don't happen.

I work next week then am off for 2 weeks--my pilgrimage to Rhode Island.  I'll stay here on Sat. for our family's annual meeting, ugh, then will most likely drive down on Sunday.  Molly will be there, and we'll have our usual lobsterfests, corn celebrations and beach days.  I'm looking forward to being there, of course.

Not much going on at work.  Buying & cataloging e-books.  Weeding adult fiction.  Cataloging junky stuff for member libraries.

I'm still reading a lot.  There's something wrong with the dish reception so I can't always watch TV, which is great.  I'm almost finished with "Before I go to sleep" (I think that's the title).  I'm pretty sure the husband did it.  I have a lot of books to read after that one.

Dogs are doing well.  Tess got a ride home last night at 9.  Late for the dogs to be out.  I had been at my cousin's camp for dinner so I guess the dogs felt neglected and bolted when I got home at 8.  Tess found some very nice bogwalkers and they brought her home.  I'm always embarrassed when that happens.  But grateful, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment