Monday, September 30, 2013

Comin' good

The color in the mountains is coming along nicely (comin' good) though it's not as brilliant as it has been other years.  We can't help comparing each year's color to past year's, it's a form of great entertainment.

I had a busy weekend and enjoyed it all very much.  Friday I stopped at P&J's, where I was joined by "the boys": Joe, Bill and Fred.  What a nice group!  We had an excellent visit.  Fred was eager to get on to his camp, where he spent the night.  I was eager to get home to the dogs, who haven't had the best of care in recent days.  Sometimes I walk them, sometimes I just don't.  I did walk with them to camp yesterday, just a quick trip.

Saturday I went to the dump--Dump Man knows me well now and always gives me 2 dog biscuits for The Ladies.  I stopped at Linda's on the way home and she suggested we have a Dock Day Royale.  Which we did.  Boy was it nice.  The sun is low in the sky but very hot, and the water is COLD, very cold.  We got hot enough to swim, though "swim" would be a generous description.  Mostly we dipped.  We read a bit and visited a lot.  What a lovely time it was.

Saturday I showed off my new stove to Duncan, Sue, David & Maryanne.  I had them come for wine & snacks in the evening and they were duly impressed with my cobalt blue enameled Jotul.  It IS a pretty stove.

Yesterday morning was chilly but warmed up quickly.  Temps at night have been in the low 40's but daytime temps have been in the 70's, with good sunshine.  We had our autumnal brunch at Duncan's--Linda cooked delicious pancakes and there was a ton of other food.  Great time, lots of good company and nice visiting.

After that I struggled with my choices: should I spend the day on the boat house dock, or should I return to Linda's?  Boy that was a tough one.  I opted for Linda's--she'll be leaving in a couple of weeks and I like being with her.  The day was warmer than Sat. and the water was more bearable.  We actually swam and floated around.  Brrr.  But very refreshing.  I read some of the book group book, we visited a bit, and we spent a lot of time watching activities on the far shore through our binoculars.  There wasn't much of interest happening, but we're easily entertained.

I had a restless night, was up for hours.  I went to sleep but woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I watched Stupid Television for a while before finally getting back to sleep around 3.  The dogs are puzzled by this but enjoy their night travels in the wee hours.  Tess did run off yesterday afternoon, ostensibly to join bog walkers.  She wasn't gone long.

This will be a busy week.  Weds. I spend the day in Albany for training.  It's a 3-hour trip, and the training is scheduled from 9-4 so it will be a long and tiring day.  I can't imagine spending that many hours being trained on the new interlibrary loan platform, but who knows.

Thursday I'm having dinner with the Ruders + Linda & Erd.  Friday Bill is hosting an extravaganza at M'side, and Saturday is Bill's birthday turkey dinner at Linda's.  Whew!  Easy to get fatter with a schedule like that.  I tried to go to a yoga class in Keene last night but it was canceled.  I don't think I was really disappointed.

Work is fine, busy and entertaining.  I am tired of driving to and from Plattsburgh, but I enjoy my job.  That counts.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment