Friday, February 07, 2014

End of the week

It's been a pretty good week, all in all.  We had high drama on Weds. with our storm, ended up with somewhere between 8-10 inches in Hawkeye.  I had a crappy ride home but nestled right in once I got there.  Good fire, good dogs.  The substitute plowman came pretty early in the evening.  He was very, very conscientious about plowing my driveway and yard--I think he wanted to make sure his plowing was up to Don's standards.  In reality he did a better job than Don does, though it took him forever.  As long as it gets done, what difference does it make?

I went down to the Blue Heron after the plowman's performance to turn off the crock pot.  Duncan was in Burlington to pick up Sue--her plane was due at 4 p.m. but she got re-routed around and around and didn't get in until almost midnight.  I do like electronic communications--Duncan & I did a combination of phone calls & emails to confirm that I would walk down there & attend to the pot roast.  It ended up being a really nice walk and the dogs were thrilled to have me along.  Apparently they run literal circles around the neighborhood--there were lots of tracks down the road and around in the woods.

My car is still not right, and I can't seem to find anyone who's interested in remedying that.  I've called the insurance adjustor twice (he finally did call me back) and the body shop once.  They dispute the dealer's notion that the harness needs to be replaced as a result of the deer collision.  So I'm stuck.  I'll call the insurance company today or this weekend to lodge a complaint.  This really sucks.  And the car isn't behaving well beyond the airbag light issue, so I'm wishing for a new car.  Well, I'm always wishing for a new car.

I had a nice time with Duncan & Sue last night at dinner.  They had the BH warm and cozy and we ate the pot roast.  Very tasty.  They're leaving Hawkeye today for Burlington, where they'll spend the night before heading back to Minneapolis tomorrow.  Thus ends Winterfest 2014.  They skied yesterday and reported that it was very nice.

Not sure what the weekend will bring.  A trip to the dump, no doubt.  Laundry.  Putting clothes away.  How can that take up a whole 2 days?  Will I watch the Olympics?  Debatable.  Tonight I stop at P&J's for Jim's birthday celebration.  Michigans for all.  I have to work until 5 so won't get there very early--the party will start without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment