Tuesday, February 11, 2014

OH NO: I missed it!

It's dog show time and I missed the first night's judging.  I was trying to watch the Olympics but kept falling asleep.  Would the dogs have kept me awake? Doubtful, as it was the toy group and terriers, with hounds and herding as well.  I like the herding dogs and I love the hounds.  Tonight is the final night and I'll be watching!  Apparently I'm easily entertained because I love to watch dog shows.  I like trying to guess which one will win best in breed or best in show.  Sometimes I'm right.  More often I'm not.  Anyway, it's never the Lab.

Cold morning and cold day but there's some sun.  We had good sunshine yesterday as well.  Sunday was a gorgeous sunny clear February day.  I went to the movies, saw The Monuments Men and enjoyed it.  I didn't get much else done on the weekend, didn't make it to the dump and only saw 1 person on Sat.  It's supposed to be well below zero tonight.  This morning it was -1, which is totally doable.

Friday night was Jim's birthday party and there were a lot of people at P&Js to celebrate.  Very nice time, with good Michigans (sauce by Jim).  Fred & Bill put in appearances, though F spent most of his time sleeping in the recliner.  He's working too hard.

Car goes back the body shop on Thursday for one more round.  The insurance adjuster doesn't want Honda to fix it, and the body shop can't fix it (it has to be a dealer fix).  I'll just get a ride to work and leave it to them to figure out.  I'm pretty sick of the whole thing and have been thinking about buying something else.  Well hell I'm ALWAYS thinking about buying something else.

Dogs are ok but Tess has a mobility problem in her neck.  She won't/can't turn her head to the left and whines when she tries.  Tail still wags a lot, and she hasn't lost her appetite so I'm not too worried.  I've been pumping her full of aspirin which seems to help (marginally).  I think she overdid it on Sunday night when she & Treasure took a long walk without me.

We're supposed to have a big storm on Thursday.  Well, maybe.  Or maybe not.  It's too early to tell.  Do I really care?  There's nothing to be done about it, let's just let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment