Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday eve

I just lost a post.  Oh I love Windows 8.  I can't figure out how to do much of anything with it.

Anyway.  It was a good weekend.  Yesterday was a banner day.  I went to the dump, what would a Saturday be without biscuits for the dogs at the dump and a visit with Dump Man?  I read on my deck for a while, but had a sudden hankering to spend money on plants so took off for Lamoys, picking up Lin along the way.  What a nice time we had there.  I didn't go overboard, spent a respectable amount and bought nearly enough for my containers.  Some new things this year as well as the old standards.  I'll plant my nasturtium and morning glory seeds next week.  Meanwhile we're having frost warnings tonight so I'll have to gather the darling plantlets together and put them near the house, maybe cover them.  Or not.  I doubt we'll have a killing frost but oh how I hate to see dead plants.  Unless they're blackberry bushes.

Today I did a few chores, then visited with Lin and her son Jay while they opened and cleaned Linda's camp--Linda is due to arrive tomorrow, yikes.  Lin & Jay came over for lunch and we had a good time.  I do like having company, especially when I'm not worried about what they think of my living conditions.  The house is in dire need of a thorough cleaning.  GET THAT DOG HAIR OFF OF THE FLOOR.  PUT THOSE CLOTHES AWAY.  At least I did put my winter clothes away.

This week looks pretty good.  Busy enough without being overwhelming.  A meeting on Weds., a gathering on Thursday at the Mirror Lake Inn (yay) that's the annual meeting of our umbrella library system.  That will be good--a big surprise for a friend who's going with me.

And then there's next week.  YAY for next week, a long vacation for me.  I don't think I'll go to RI but may change my mind at the end of the week.  I have a page-long list of tasks (which makes Fred laugh).  I had a visit with Fred this morning on Pinewood's porch.  It was cold but oh I do enjoy being with him.  It was 38 this morning, up to around 60 by afternoon.  What's on my list?  Things that many people do routinely, things that I've wanted to get done for a long time, simple things, dog things, boat house things.  Things, things, things.

Summer starts this week when Linda then Joe & Martha arrive.  Boy it seems early, though the leaves on the trees are mighty small and the shad is just blooming.  Tamaracks are leafing out nicely.  If I want a pet chipmunk I could adopt the one that was eating the sunflower seed on my deck.  He was sooo happy to discover a garbage can full of seed!  He kept chirping and filling his cheeks.  They are cute, chipmunks, but I don't cotton to feeding them the way some people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment