Thursday, July 03, 2014

Hot, so very hot

It's been hot all week, I guess this is our annual heat wave.  I doesn't usually happen this early, mostly it comes later in July.  But by has it been hot!  80's and 90's, with very high humidity and 70's at night.  I've stayed in the boat house most nights.  It's much cooler there but is still warm.  I swam last night, briefly, because I kept dozing at 7:00 and wanted to stay awake AT LEAST until 8.  duh.  The water is lovely, not too cold but getting warmer. 

Busy weekend ahead--tonight I'll stop briefly at Linda's, then it's on to get the dogs and go to camp.  Jenica, Justin et al. are coming this afternoon so I'll have dinner with them.  YAY.  Justin is planning to do some work in the boat house (some welcome work) so they'll be here for a couple of days.  Meanwhile I'll check out the cabin that's on the lake to see if anyone's using it, or maybe I'll just stay at home and maybe do some chores.  I really need to mow--it's just too hot to do it now but I think it will be cooler this weekend.

Someone keeps peeing on the floor at home and I still haven't washed the floors so that's another "on my list" item.  It's too humid for that now but should be better soon.  I'll doubtless put in an appearance at the dump--I found out that Dump Man's name is Bob, so I'll see Bob on Sat.

Busy week, lots of good visits with people.  Saw Rush, Annie, Duncan and David for dinner one night.  Saw cousins a couple of other nights and Joe & Martha once.  Stopped at P&J's last night for a quick visit, skipped my usual Tuesday visit to see Duncan & David before David left yesterday.

The lake has been busy with jet-skis and boats.  Many jet-skis.  This is the busiest week of the season so it's no surprise but HONESTLY, do jet-skis have to go round and round and round in front of camps?  And what's up with kayakers who go so close to our dock that they could touch it, at 8:00 at night?  Really?  There was one fisherboy who was convinced the biggest fish in the lake were near the boat house, and he parked himself in his canoe in front of our other cabins each night at the beginning of the week.  While I sat on the porch, near enough to hear him casting and reeling in...rock bass, just rock bass.  I think he gave up, though because he wasn't there last night.  Uh-oh, I may have spoken too soon.

Work has been busy--my co-worker took a couple of days off so I've been busy doing interlibrary loan.  Bless those cute little inmates, they just like to read sooooo much.  We've reached the point where we do more ILL for inmates than we do for patrons of our member libraries, which is not a good thing.

Dogs are fine.  Treasure is convinced each morning that there's something worth investigating/eating on the back porch at camp so she shuts herself in there at 6 a.m.  I suppose I don't discourage this because I rescue her each time.  Well who's the dumb one here?

No comments:

Post a Comment