Tuesday, July 22, 2014

All's well that ends

Treasure is just fine!  I'm crazy about the vets at this place--I took her to a different, bigger vet here in Platts. and they were truly wonderful.  She's doing very well.  She still had a cough when I picked her up on Thursday afternoon and was a bit weak, but now she's pretty much back to normal.  A slight hack now & then but she ran and ran this morning so I guess she's feeling pretty perky.  She goes tomorrow for a follow-up visit, testing her clotting factor, which I expect will be just fine.  YAY!   Really, YAY!  She's basking in the attention and affection she's been getting all week.  Who learned anything from this?  ME!!! Not Treasure, I'm sure.  I'll never go near D-Con again.

Busy, busy time at the lake.  Too many people, too many activities.  I had 2 things last night, said no to all so I could visit with P&J.  More invites for tonight but I have a late meeting here in Pbg so have said no to all again.  I must be getting old, I used to try to make every social engagement but now feel OK saying no, I can't do it.

Have seen Duncan & Sue quite a bit, which has been great.  They're going home today but will be back in Sept. for the month.  Sue was at book group on Sunday.  It was a funny time, just 4 of us (Sue, Lin, Linda, me).  Pretty quiet but we did discuss the book quite a bit.  We needed Marylou.

The lake has been quite populated with boats this week, more than the weeks around the 4th.  I was on the dock on Sunday and it wasn't busy until late afternoon, then all hell broke loose.  Saturday I went to the dump, then Fred came for a visit, followed by Bill & the PINS.  The PINS moved old wood into the wood shed and stacked some of the new wood, then mowed the lawn (!).  Nice, nice.  I went to Big Daddy's with Fred for a snack before dinner with Duncan & Sue Sat. night.

Friday night Linda put on a Paella Party with great success.  She's amazingly talented, and made paella over an open fire.  It was delicious and we all had good visits and ate well.  yum.

Molly flies to Boston, then RI today and will be here on Saturday.  I'll go to Vt. to meet her train, then she'll be here for a week.  It will be so nice to spend the time with her, though I have to work during the week.  We have our family meeting on the 2nd, then Sunday dinner on the 3rd and off to RI the 4th or 5th for my 2 week vacation.  Oh boy it's busy.

Sunday dinner is in the evening this weekend, at Bill's.  Theme=Thanksgiving and I have to make a vegetable dish.  The group had expanded to around 15 but is down a couple now.  Big group.

All is well in Hawkeye.  I need to get firewood for camp, have it delivered next week when the place will be full of people to stack it.  I also need to get the water going--chronic problems with the prime-losing pump.
It never ends.




No comments:

Post a Comment