Thursday, February 05, 2015

Sunny February day

 The ice palace in Saranac Lake--not as big as some years but still very, very impressive.

Snowy view of my house on a sunny winter day, pretty but deceptive.  It's cold, only 7 and temps are dropping.  Due to be double digits below zero tonight

View from the south.  NOTE: Icicles are not a badge of honor.  They just mean that I waste a lot of money trying to keep my house warm.

I had a nice morning drive.  I went to Saranac Lake to check out the ice palace, then came home the long way, over Whiteface.  It was really pretty but the dogs got pretty bored.

My friends who were here at their camp left yesterday.  I miss them already--it's nice to have them in the 'hood and I truly enjoy being with them.  They launched a small rocket with a camera attached and showed me the videos of their 2 launches.  It was soooooo nifty.  At one point, as they were getting ready for lift-off Duncan said "Godspeed little rocket."  I laughed hard at that one.

I haven't been doing much.  I cleaned my house (sort of) and yesterday I cooked breakfast for my friends.  We had a good visit and lots of fun, then they left.  Aw.

Monday I stayed home because we had a good storm.  We probably got a foot of snow, light fluffy stuff that wasn't hard to shovel.  I got plowed out around 3 p.m. and had a nice chat with my plowman.  He's sweet and very reliable.  It's so liberating to have a foot of snow plowed from your driveway.

Tuesday I went to Plattsburgh for groceries and to pick up some pictures to send to my mother.  No pictures worth posting here, just pictures of dogs and the car.  I got to have coffee with my friend Julie.  I miss her a lot--we worked together for 28 years and share a similar view of the world and that workplace.

Yesterday after breakfast I went to Wilmington to see Marylou.  She's been out of work for a while due to sciatica but is back working part time now.  It was good to see her and we had a nice visit.  I see that I spend a lot of my time finding people to visit with.  But I am not lonely, I still enjoy being alone.  My dogs are constant companions, and good ones, too.  Life continues to treat me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment