Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cold enough

It was -11 this morning, is now up to 6 (probably the high for the day).  I'm looking for a friend on Facebook, my former sister-in-law, but am having no luck.  I'm also watching Martha Stewart, who always makes me laugh.  She's adding honey to whatever it is she's cooking--"Greek honey is the best but I'm using MY honey."  Oh Martha honey, what a joke you are.  I did get the best ever pumpkin pie recipe from her, though--the secret ingredient is 1/8 tsp of chili powder.  That makes it.

I ended up in Platts. yesterday, running errands.  It was snowy and the roads were a bit slick but it was an easy trip.  Too many stops--pharmacy didn't have my happy pills so I had to go to another one at the opposite end of town.  Then back to town to pick up things like prints to send to my mother, money, and I can't remember what else.  It was all fine.  Now it's the weekend and the only difference that makes for me is that a) it's a Dump Day, b) daytime TV is totally different, c) I talk to my mother in the morning.  I feel incredibly lucky to have my life right now.  I spend a lot of time pointing that out to the dogs.  People ask how the dogs react to having me home and I think the only thing they notice is that they have no privacy and no time in the house when I'm not here.  Aw shucks.  Tess tried to do one of her "I'm such a bad dog" tricks RIGHT in front of me this morning and all I did was laugh.
My friends are here, at their camp below my house.  They come every January.  I truly enjoy being with them.  They remind me of my brother and his lifetime friends in Rockford (when they all got along)--these 3 have been friends since childhood and love being together.  We're planning to go out for breakfast tomorrow, yay.  I love going out for breakfast.

No big plans for the next week.  Have to return to Platts. to get more prints and hit the pharmacy for a new inhaler.  Next weekend Jim turns 80 and we'll take him out to dinner in Plattsburgh.  Next Sunday I may head to Potsdam to see my great niece (and her daughter, ha ha ha).

What do I do all day every day?  Not much.  I try to do one constructive domestic task each day and have met with some success at doing that.  I read books.  I have a long list of projects but most of them will need warmer weather.  Or maybe that's just an excuse.  Anyway I'm outrageously happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment