Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Long time gone

Things are back to (more or less) normal for me now.  I just got home from Washington (DC) where I spent 5 days with the Holts.  We had a grand time but man oh man did we walk a lot.  I thought I'd be in better shape but I blame my sore knees and feet on the shoes I took.  I thought they'd be good walking shoes but I think I was wrong.  Anyway we walked.  and walked. and walked.  They live in the Watergate, which isn't far from Georgetown and the Metro stop and Whole Foods, but you do have to walk to all of those places.

We went to museums.  My favorite?  By far the Newseum.  They have great exhibits and films, and just my luck are featuring a big exhibit on rock and politics.  Oh so many fantastic things to see and watch!  Springsteen's draft card.  Film on concerts.  Clapton's guitar.  Ahhh, I basked in it.  We went to the Botanical Garden, an art gallery, Georgetown for dinner, the Kennedy Center for a concert, the Museum of Natural History to the butterfly room, Rush's very impressive office at AAAS, Whole Foods a couple of times, the FDR and MLK memorials, the cherry blossoms, and more.  It was good with lots of visiting.  And some resting.

I almost missed my flight coming home this morning, as only I would do.  I was waiting at the wrong gate until I heard my name on the intercom telling me to go to the right gate.  Ahhhh, to be me.  The flight was fine, as was the flight going down.  I got home this afternoon, retrieved the retrievers and am settled in now.  Tess is all right but the kennel owner reports that she was coughing up small amounts of blood so I called the vet and will take her in on Thursday.  He said they will probably knock her out, maybe there's a mass by her larynx.  So the surgery I was not planning on may happen anyway.  Oh what the hell, it's only money.

Going to the gym with Carol in the morning.  That will be nice.  Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment